Unfortunately, back pain is an all too common issue. Around 8 percent of adults in the United States experience chronic back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain severely limits a person's ability to complete tasks and reduces their overall quality of life.
However, you do not have to let your back pain control your life. Our chiropractor, Dr. Ashley Venturi, is here to help residents of Lewis Center and Delaware find natural relief at Relief Care Chiropractic! Our chiropractic care works to diagnose and treat the root cause of back pain and help deter it from returning in the future.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is incredibly common and can have a variety of causes. Some of these are due to damaged or irritated nerves in the back, while others are due to muscle or spinal issues. Some common causes of back pain we see at our clinic include:
- Sciatica: This condition occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed, causing pain and discomfort in the lower back.
- Spinal stenosis: Wear and tear of the spine may cause narrowing of the vertebrae column, compressing the spinal nerves.
- Muscle strains or sprains: Causes pain and limited mobility in the upper or lower back.
- Osteoarthritis: Weakening of the cartilage that cushions your joints may result in stiffness and pain in the back.
- Poor posture: If your occupation involves sitting down for prolonged hours, you may put undue pressure on your spine, resulting in pain.
Do I Need Treatment for Back Pain?
Back pain can sometimes go away on its own without treatment. With the help of rest and ice or heat packs, you might be able to function again within a couple of days. However, if back pain is persistent and hinders your ability to complete day-to-day activities, it's a sign you need professional help from a chiropractor.
How Can a Chiropractor Help My Back Pain?
Our chiropractor is trained in diagnosing and treating the root cause of various musculoskeletal ailments, including back pain. Through physical exams and imaging tests, our doctor will determine which of the following treatments will relieve your back pain:
- Spinal decompression, which helps gently stretch the spine and alleviate herniated disc and sciatica pain
- Manual spinal adjustments, which help re-align the spine with scoliosis
- Ultrasound Therapy to help reduce inflammation
- Trigger Point Therapy to target specific areas of the back in pain
- Electrical Stimulation to correct soft tissue damage
Contact Us for Back Pain Relief in Delaware
Relief Care Chiropractic is here to help Lewis Center and Delaware residents find long-lasting relief from back pain. Call us at (740) 417-4567today to set up your first consultation.